JUST ONE GAME

I have quite a few favorite gaming blogs. They aren't just gaming blogs, they also capture the essence of a gamer, who is in fact a real living, breathing human being, but they do talk about games and the like.

I feel like my attempt at a gaming blog will be feeble. My life isn't extremely interesting. I'm young, inexperienced, and well, I only play one game. But it is that one game that has added a very unique spark to my life.

I've been playing Lord of the Rings Online for almost two years now. I don't know exactly and precisely how long, but I believe I began playing in October of 2012. I started off as every simple little baby LoTRO player starts off as: not knowing anything and perhaps making a fool of myself. I started off with a hobbit minstrel, and I got her to level 27, and it felt like the biggest achievement of my life. For personal reasons, I had to delete her, but I soon came back rolling, and my elf guardian was created. The milestones I jumped with this character were immense. I started teaching myself about cosmetics, I learned about the level 55 area in Bree, I hit level 45 and timidly adventured into Moria for the first time.

By this time, I've completely outleved Moria, Lothlorien, and Mirkwood. As a very part time gamer (and maybe full-time cosmetic junkie?) it has been a large achievement to reach the banks of the Anduin in northern East Rohan, and horn for my war-steed.

LoTRO has been a welcome part of my life for the last years, and I can't wait to see where just one simple MMO takes me.


Comments

  1. Welcome to the lotro community! Sounds like you're having fun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bryan! I appreciate the support!

      Delete
  2. Welcome! Hobbit mini was also my first character, though that was in some beta (and eventually came back to the game with a hunter). It just feels like the most appropriate race to pick when starting off in Middle Earth, doesn't it?

    I see you've been busy on a couple of blogs, I'd say you're doing a great job on all of 'em. Hopefully you have fun on this one...even if it's just one game, it's definitely one that you're passionate about. Then again, you can always gamify your life, and talk about getting your real-life cosmetics in order!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hobbit minstrels do seem very appropriate! They seem to capture the essence of Middle-earth somehow.

      Thank you for the support. I didn't realize starting one blog (my cosmetic blog) would then lead to creating two more, but I'm hoping I can keep up posting new content on a reasonable timeframe! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment